No Ugly Women
from SonnyRadio.com:This photo was taken at a competition in June 2006. The competition was between 9 women for best makeover. They had every possible beauty treatment available to them over a period of 12 hours before the contest.
Look at the before and after photos.
Conclusion - There are no ugly women, only those who can't afford a makeover.
(The woman 2nd from the left won the contest.)
I think this is a fascinating "experiment". In their before pictures, none of these women look terribly attractive, and they're all fairly attractive after their makeovers. Is there random sampling here, or are they all just naturally attractive women who hadn't taken care of themselves previously? Personally, I think these women are a representative sample of relatively fit American woman. After all, we all know at least one person who we didn't used to consider attractive, but now do, be it thanks to exercise or a wardrobe change or a makeover.
While I don't think models are likely to lose their jobs on account of the average woman getting a makeover, I think they're a great investment if they bolster a woman's self-esteem. Feeling attractive must lead to feeling better about yourself, which in turn empowers you to better tackle all of life's challenges.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home