Home Run Heavy Hitter
I've been trying for a month, and I finally did it... I hit ten consecutive home runs in the Wii Sports Baseball home run derby! I know it's kinda silly to get so excited about playing a video game well, but this took a lot of effort. I've ended up with eight and even nine home runs so many times, but getting ten seemed impossible.What was most exciting about achieving this objective was how much it felt like times when I've played a real sport and had a streak, like the times I've shot ten (out of ten) free throws in basketball shoot-outs. Sometimes you're just in the zone, and what's amazing about the Wii is that it really recreates that feeling. You feel like you're playing a sport. You don't just punch buttons in the proper sequence to hit a home run. Instead, you have to time your swing, an actual swing, just right in order to connect with the ball. That departure from traditional video gaming is the genius of Nintendo's Wii, and why it's become so popular.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home