Alphonso Mangos in Amrika
They've arrived! For the first time in 18 years, you can go to your local Indian grocery store and buy Alphonso mangos, which is exactly what Abhi and I did. They're pricey though. A carton, which contains 12 mangos, costs $35 and that's here in Jersey City. I'm sure they're even more expensive in Manhattan.Still, plenty of people seem willing to pay that much to savor what many Indians consider the mango. Here's a perfect demonstration of supply and demand in action. I read an article about a lady who is glad she doesn't have to go to India this summer because you can now get Alphonso mangos here in the US. That sounds like Mansi. lol. Abhi isn't quite that bad, but he did call India a couple weeks ago to find out if the shipment of mangos had left from there.
Well, our precious mangos are in our kitchen. They still need to ripen. So, if any of you are craving Alphonso mangos, just make the trip to our place in like a week. See you soon.

1 Comments:
I am gonna be seeing you guys very soon!
~~T
Post a Comment
<< Home