Running Again
I've been trying to get back into running, and I finally think I'm on track. I ran last week, but then I kinda gave up again. But I ran like two or three miles yesterday, and I ran this morning. In fact, I went running from 7:00 to 7:40. Why that early? I have a friend staying at my place this week, and (fortunately or unfortunately) she wakes up at 6:30 to get ready for work. Well, let me clarify that last statement. Her alarm clock rings at 6:30, but she doesn't get up to turn off her alarm clock for another half hour, except maybe to hit the snooze button. Actually, even that doesn't seem like such a big concern for her and the alarm clock is normally just ringing and ringing for like that whole half hour. Her alarm clock is loud too. We have a fairly big apartment, and there isn't a place in it where you can't hear it. I don't know how Abhi manages to sleep through it too. Anyway, I find it difficult to go back to sleep after it goes off, so I decided this morning that I would go for a run. If you read this, Naomi, I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm actually really enjoying being up and active so early in the day. I get in my run, take a shower, and I'm ready to go do whatever before 9:00. Rocking! And I've been feeling great the rest of the day. Let's hope I can keep at this running early, early thing for at least this week, and that I continue with my runs at least until I get a marathon done. That's something I'm determined to have accomplished by the end of this year.
Oh, also, a strange thing from a little later this morning: I was walking over to a friend's and this lady stopped me outside her house. She said something about a governor. I don't know if she wanted me to vote for someone or if she was saying I looked like the governor. I was very confused. Anyway, then she asked if she could have a hug. I was hesitant at first, but then I thought of the Free Hugs Campaign*, and I gave her a hug. I know it's silly, but I feel like I did a good deed.
* Check out the video on the homepage. It's awesome.

2 Comments:
Using an alarm is more of an optional guideline for me...
Good for you for hugging a random stranger. I'll be honest and say, I'd rather wake up on the first ring of my alarm clock than fall into the arms of someone calling me governor...
I don't know about falling into the arms of a stranger...
If I were a girl and a guy had asked me for a hug, I think that would have been much creepier. But it was like an older lady on her porch. Granted, strange. But not so creepy.
Post a Comment
<< Home