New Every Morning

Monday, January 15, 2007

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

I have the audacity to believe that people everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, quality, and freedom for their spirits. I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, other-centered men can build up. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was disappointed to learn that some people had work today. I think it's important to remember and celebrate the birthday of the man who played such a pivotal role in making America a country where people of all races can live together in relative harmony, more so than anywhere else in the world. In fact, if it weren't for him, I doubt I would feel as comfortable or as accepted as I am, being an Indian in America.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home