1000-Calorie Workout
At the gym last night, I burned 1000 calories. I'm sure I've burned that many calories at one go before, but never just by doing cardio on the machines at the gym. I normally get bored. It took me 55 minutes on an elliptical machine (800 calories) and 20 minutes on a StairMaster (200 calories) to get to my goal.
A big part of why I was able to keep at it is because the New York Sports Clubs have personal televisions on their cardio equipment. That keeps me from thinking about how long I've been on the machine. I alternated between watching the Nets-Pistons game and MTV's "My Super Sweet 16". Yes, watching those MTV and VH1 shows is a guilty indulgence.
I'm quite proud of myself. I normally set out to burn about 500 calories these days doing cardio, but I'm going to try and up it a little now. And I've been spending more time lifting as well. It's something I used to hate. I still don't love it, but I'm making it a regular thing and it has become more tolerable. Lava, aren't you proud of me? I must say that I do feel great after I'm done lifting though.
I feel like I'm getting back into shape, but I still think Mike is going to beat me at our competition to lose body fat. We extended our deadline to the end of the year, but I only got serious in December. I think I'm going to owe him dinner. Oh well... At least it was an impetus to head to the gym again and I'm grateful for that. Let's hope I can keep at it come next year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home