New Every Morning

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tonight's Workout

I burned 830 calories tonight. I think I could have stayed longer, but I lost a foam earbud cover somewhere between my house and the gym. That annoyed me because I had one earbud in my ear and the other flapping all over, seemingly trying to dislodge the one that was in place. I don't think I quite realized, until tonight, how important the foam cover is to keeping one's earbud in place. When I was a kid, I never understood why earbuds always came with foam covers. Honestly, I thought it was just a hygiene thing.

I know... I probably could have tied the loose end to the cord so it wouldn't have been as bothersome, but that seemed like too much effort after I'd already begun my workout. Once I'm in the groove, I don't feel like stopping for anything. Speaking of, I should remember to take a water bottle with me to the gym. I always stop halfway through my cardio to get a drink of water. I don't like that because it messes up my rhythm. Also, with the number of people who are at the gym to keep to their New Year's resolutions, I don't want to risk leaving my machine unattended, only to have it stolen by some zealous individual. I read somewhere that January is the busiest month at a gym. Makes sense. I just hope, in retrospect, I don't also turn out to be one of those people who gives up after the first month. But, in all fairness, I did start mid-December so I don't feel like I fall into that category.

2 Comments:

Blogger Migrating Thoughts - Ramblings of a Mind said...

I know wat u mean! Ppl usually watch u like a hawk at the gym to get ur machine!! been there...

Wow!! 830 calories at one shot.. thats something!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Thanks. I haven't been as hardcore recently, but now that I'm at a weight I'm pretty happy at, it takes a lot less work to maintain that weight than it did to lose the weight to get here. That's my excuse for slacking. lol.

But yeah, it's crazy at the gym sometimes, especially like right after work. And people can be on a machine for like an hour, so you can't afford to lose yours 'cause you might not get another one for some time. Still, I would feel uncomfortable going up to someone and enforcing the half hour limit we have at our gym. Seems kinda harsh.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home