Motivation
I didn't go to the gym over the weekend and I didn't go on Monday, so I went in for a bit longer than usual last night. During the cardio part of my workout, I burned 1170 calories.
It was easy for me to stay a little while longer at the gym today 'cause I had such a crappy day. I always find I push myself more when I'm frustrated (and maybe a little bit angry). It's when I feel like I have something to prove that I throw myself into something. I wish I were the kind of person who went from strength to strength, who just kept improving themselves, propelled by some sort of intrinsic motivation. Unfortunately, I think I'm the kind of person who needs to be told I can't do something to become motivated to go out and do it, to prove the naysayers wrong. Most of the time, I'm working to silence the voice in my head that says I can't.

2 Comments:
So, by that logic, if I told you you couldn't do ANYTHING, you'd go out and do it all. Right?
lol. It's not like a dare that I can't back down from once someone has thrown a challenge out there. I have to want to do it as well. Most of the time I'm just trying to prove the cynic in me wrong.
Post a Comment
<< Home