New Every Morning

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hennessy with that haircut, Sir?

I just got my hair cut at this place near my house, Yan's Barber Shop, on 7th Ave. between Charles St. and W 10th St. It's priced reasonably, $14, and the lady who cut my hair did a good job. By that, I mean she spent a good amount of time on me, which always makes me feel like I got my money's worth. As far as how it looks, I think it's pretty decent, but I guess I'll find out when I meet my friends. If they're laughing when they see me, that's generally not such a good sign.

Anyway, what was really interesting was what happened right after I paid for my haircut. The lady who cut my hair and another gentleman working there offered me chocolates and a shot of alcohol. I swear, there were chocolates out as well as nice bottles of alcohol. I had overheard the gentleman offer someone a shot of Hennessy earlier, but since I couldn't see what was going on to my left as I was getting my hair cut, I assumed a friend of his had walked in. It turns out it was another customer. Of course, it being 3 something in the afternoon, I declined the shot. Still, that's some crazy customer service! lol.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chocolates AND alcohol! nice!
dude, i think we need to go get our haircuts together next time.
may be i can convince them to offer molten choc cakes too.
-Taps

11:16 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

If they had molten chocolate cake as well, Yan's could be our after-dinner spot to grab dessert and a drink. And we'd be well-groomed for wherever we were to head to after. lol.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home