Bye, Bye Belly
Much to my dismay, I had confirmed for me yesterday that I'm the unhealthiest now that I've been in a long time. I weigh 169 pounds and my body fat percentage is 23.2*. Six months ago, I weighed just a little bit less, at 164 pounds, but my body fat percentage was around 19. Basically, what that means is that I've lost muscle and gained fat.
To remedy this situation, I've entered into a wager with Mike, Val's brother. He's really fit, at 14.8 percent body fat, but he wants to take it to a whole another level. We have till the 15th of December to exercise and diet our way to healthier bodies. Whoever has lost the most body fat, as a percentage, wins our bet. That makes it fairer because it means I have to lose ~ 2.3 percent of my body fat to achieve a 10 percent loss while Mike only has to lose ~ 1.5 percent body fat to achieve the same 10 percent loss. Of course, it's a lot harder for him to shave off 10 percent than it is for me to lose a spare tire. Hehehe. I never thought I'd have a tire, even if it is just a spare-sized one at the moment.
The loser is going to take the winner for an all-expense-paid evening at a NICE Italian place for dinner, wine, and dessert. Anyone else want to get in on this? It could be a fun way to work off some extra weight and feel great while doing it. Let me know.
Here's to the next nine weeks!
* We're using Mike's Tanita scale to measure our weight and body fat percentage. It's not terribly accurate, but it's a ballpark figure. Also, we inputed our activity level as medium when in fact I think we do enough cardio (me) and lifting (Mike) for us to be considered very active. That might have exaggerated our body fat percentage a little bit, but that's fine since I think Mike prefers to believe he's not as fit as he actually is, so that he has extra motivation. I'm just letting y'all know now because, after you see a picture of Mike, you won't believe that his body fat percentage is as high as the scale says it is, 14.8 percent.

3 Comments:
if i understand you correctly, you have a bet to see who can get rid of the most body fat and the winner gets a free meal to pack on the pounds again? brilliant! count me in.:)
Keeping fit is a lifetime commitment. And that is the way to go if you want to stay fit. Everyday you got to eat right and exercise. No let ups. God bless.
Best of luck to you and Mike.
lol. The plan is to reward ourselves for having gone through nine weeks of self-inflicted suffering. You in, Buddy?
Post a Comment
<< Home