New Every Morning

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end

Lava, Satyam, and I have played in a Nepali 3-on-3 basketball tournament for three years now, and we always came up just short, getting knocked out in the Semi-Finals or the Finals. Finally, this last Sunday, we won!

Air Yadav flying by everyone

Big Man Satyam setting a screen

I think my shot went in, actually... NICE

I loved the Finals because we made a remarkable comeback. All the games were till 15 and we were down 9-2 early. It seemed like the other team couldn't miss 3-pointers if they wanted to. We clawed our way back to win it though, 15-11. We only let them score 2 points while we scored the next 13. It was a complete team effort, and it was just amazing, easily one of the best comebacks I've ever been fortunate enough to have been a part of. I loved that we were somehow able to keep it together and continue to give it everything even after such a disheartening start.

If you want to check out more pictures from the tournament:
http://www.ramjham.com/view_album.cfm?albumid=5626CDA5-E618-4154-A7AF-7E9723E1F77D&userid=6380FA10-060A-4090-9CA8-81F468A5E4E3

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations yo all.
Amazing feat. God's presence was there with you.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

I spoke to my parents before the tournament and I asked them to pray HARD that we would win. lol. Thanks, Mom and Dad.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe i was just 3 miles away from the game place, and still nobody informed me :(

4:18 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

lol. Val called you. I called you. Lava called you and left a message. What more are we supposed to have done? Bum!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home