Hardcore Commitment
So I bumped into a new neighbor in my building today as he was getting back from a run. Yes, a run. I was shocked, so shocked in fact that I asked him if he was coming back from a run in the snow when it was obvious that he was just catching his breath. His response was awesome. "When it snows, it's better for you to run outside. The snow makes it softer so there's less impact." I mean, that's true. You're also much more likely to slip and fall and hurt yourself.
Still, I was very impressed. I'll run when it's cold out, but not when it snowed the night before. That's crazy! I've only done that once in my life, at Bard, and with Colin Harte. It was actually snowing while we ran. And we were so pumped after having done it. But here's my neighbor coming back from a run in the snow and it seems as though that's nothing special for him. When I see him next, maybe I'll ask him if I can join him. He's hardcore. I want to be like him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home