New Every Morning

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Running Outside, Hypothermia Notwithstanding

Actually, the title is misleading. I don't know if I should be thanking global warming or if it's just unseasonably nice weather, but it's 49 degrees Fahrenheit out. That doesn't seem quite right considering we're six days into December. Also, the last few years have been quite cold so, in comparison, this is very mild for New York. It was definitely snowing out by now both last year and the year before.

Anyway, it was nice enough where we were able to run outside, albeit pretty bundled up. My sister, Dave (her boyfriend), and I went running along the West Side Highway. For those of you who live outside of New York, it's not as bad as it sounds. Yes, you do run next to a highway, but it's also along the Hudson River. And it's like a part next to the river that the city has developed specifically for runners and bikers. I should post pictures. Next time.

So it felt great to run outside, something I haven't done in some time. I'm very proud of myself because I've been very good recently about exercising and eating healthy. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I have a to-do list for exercising and a not-to-eat list for food. Now the goal is to come up with the same sort of list for everything else that I should be getting done - and, conversely, not wasting my time doing - during the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home