A Battle for the Ages:
Suns 161, Nets 157, 2 OT
If you're into the NBA, by now you've probably read or heard about last night's marathon game between the Suns and the Nets. Fortunately, I happened to be at the gym on an elliptical machine just as the game got really exciting. I got to watch most of the fourth quarter and both overtimes. It's a good thing I was at the gym too, because my sister and I have chosen not to have a television at home, and I would have missed getting to see this phenomenal game live. I'm also a big Nets fan so I was extra excited, even though the Suns did finally end up beating the Nets. I say "finally" because I stayed at the gym a half hour longer than I expected to; the game went on for so long and leaving before this game ended was not an option.
Here are some amazing stats from last night's game:
- 318 points in total.
- 34 lead changes.
- 21 ties.
- Steve Nash scored a career-high 42 points, nine of which came in the second OT. He was also the player who forced the game into the first OT by making an amazing three-pointer with no time left in regulation.
- Jason Kidd logged his 78th career triple double (double digits in points, rebounds, and assists) to tie Wilt Chamberlain for third place, all-time, in the NBA.
I know some of you are a little less impressed by the grand total of 318 points because it was the Suns versus the Nets. And, granted, neither the Suns nor the Nets are known for great defense, but you have to watch this game to understand the quality of the shots taken and made. With offenses controlled by Nash and Kidd, there were a lot of great passes made, high percentage shots taken, and - of course - just phenomenal shooting. It's as if neither team could miss, and the field goal percentages back me up when I say that, as the Suns and Nets shot 52.1 and 56.1 percent, respectively.
One for the ages, I say!
If you're into the NBA, by now you've probably read or heard about last night's marathon game between the Suns and the Nets. Fortunately, I happened to be at the gym on an elliptical machine just as the game got really exciting. I got to watch most of the fourth quarter and both overtimes. It's a good thing I was at the gym too, because my sister and I have chosen not to have a television at home, and I would have missed getting to see this phenomenal game live. I'm also a big Nets fan so I was extra excited, even though the Suns did finally end up beating the Nets. I say "finally" because I stayed at the gym a half hour longer than I expected to; the game went on for so long and leaving before this game ended was not an option.
Here are some amazing stats from last night's game:
- 318 points in total.
- 34 lead changes.
- 21 ties.
- Steve Nash scored a career-high 42 points, nine of which came in the second OT. He was also the player who forced the game into the first OT by making an amazing three-pointer with no time left in regulation.
- Jason Kidd logged his 78th career triple double (double digits in points, rebounds, and assists) to tie Wilt Chamberlain for third place, all-time, in the NBA.
I know some of you are a little less impressed by the grand total of 318 points because it was the Suns versus the Nets. And, granted, neither the Suns nor the Nets are known for great defense, but you have to watch this game to understand the quality of the shots taken and made. With offenses controlled by Nash and Kidd, there were a lot of great passes made, high percentage shots taken, and - of course - just phenomenal shooting. It's as if neither team could miss, and the field goal percentages back me up when I say that, as the Suns and Nets shot 52.1 and 56.1 percent, respectively.
One for the ages, I say!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home