New Every Morning

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Marc Stein, who does the weekly ESPN NBA Power Rankings, had this to say about the Nets:

So does the week we just witnessed mean Pistons would rather face Miami than New Jersey in the Eastern Conference finals? Just throwing it out there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking

I love it. I think New Jersey is entirely underrated, and I think they will make it to the Eastern Conference finals. Will they beat Detroit? Maybe not, but it'll be interesting. And for all you naysayers out there who argue that New Jersey's front court isn't strong enough, think back to the Jordan-era Bulls with their Power Trio: Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman. I have faith that Carter, Kidd, and Jefferson can pull off a similar feat.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what I have to say about today's topic:

Eh??

Just kidding. I'm just really clueless when it comes to sports. Any sports. Maybe us girls can talk about shoes or something while you guys debate about guys running after a ball in some strange outfit...

11:40 AM  
Blogger airsusie said...

hey kris - it's susie from tuesday HFG ... great blog. welcome to the blogging world! the nets are hot right now, but i still think pistons are going to win the east if not all. i buy into the "must have strong front court to win" mentality. at least one nyc-area team is going to the playoffs!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I think you may be right, and I wouldn't mind if Detroit went all the way. In fact, I would be pretty happy if any of the three major Eastern Conference contenders won. New Jersey is my favorite team. I love how the Pistons play together as a team. And I like Miami just because I think Dwayne Wade is awesome. In the Western Conference, the only team I'm rooting for that's a legitimate contender for the title is Dallas.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about real sports like "Kabaddi";) and football (the one where you actually use your feet to play)?

I have a feeling that Croatia is going to go a long way this summer! Perhaps even the USA will do well considering the talent they have been churning out in the past couple of years. Too bad its not as famous here as it deserves to be. They probably have to actually win the cup before anyone gives it a second thought.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

For a second there, I thought you meant Croatia and the US had a kabaddi team. I think we should petition the International Olympic Committee. It wouldn't even be the most obscure sport there.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup. Does anyone know when it actually starts?

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA. An American Kabaddi team would be a sight! As for the World Cup, it starts on June 9th between Germany and Costa Rica (playing for their first time I believe). The next match is also on the same day between Poland and Ecuador.

As a side note, can you believe that BUDWEISER is the official beer of the World Cup - in GERMANY???? What the heck are they thinking???? Really??? I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Germans actually boycotted the games because of this very reason!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home