New Every Morning

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'm totally pilfering this quote from another website's quote of the day section:

Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. - Marie Curie

What I need to get done, only I can get done, and it's of paramount importance that I get it done. I believe God has made each of us unique because we each have a task to accomplish that is ours alone. Granted, it may later fall on someone else to do it if we don't, but then you will have failed to do that which you were placed here, for this short while, to accomplish.

I'm really not feeling like working today, or being responsible for the things I know I need to get done. And not doing what I need to get done exacts a heavy toll on those who care most about me and my wellbeing, not to mention the stress it creates for myself. So I will try to take courage in Marie Curie's quote and believe that I can overcome the difficulties I face today, working with the realization that these obstacles are mine for a reason. Overcoming each trial, each temptation, gets me closer to who I'm supposed to be.

I will leave you with the following, something I find very encouraging:

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

I'm glad my post helped someone, because I was pretty grumpy at work today. My poor sister spent almost an hour talking to me, trying to make me feel better, and only then was I able to take on my tasks with some semblance of joy.

Even though I like the content of my work, I deliberate every day about whether or not this is what I want my life to be about.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What semblance of joy?!!!!!! WHERE IS THE JOY?

9:55 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

lol. It's a work in progress.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

slacker! everything would be 'work on progress' if it was up to you.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Hahaha. Point taken.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home